How do you keep your business safe?
With it being widely reported that fake passport seizures have hit record highs. Hesketh James HR consultancy have recently supported several clients with both internal audits and reviews of their recruitment and onboarding processes to ensure that they are fully compliant.
As a business Hesketh James have also chosen to partner with Trust ID (www.trustid.co.uk) to support our existing screening procedures of both temporary and permanent candidates. Trust ID document scanners, validate ID documents in seconds and have the capability to check the security features of over 6000 documents from more than 200 countries. Our partnership with Trust ID means we can easily authenticate documents and with their PASS or FAIL response system, we can have absolute confidence that the candidates Hesketh James are representing have valid right to work documentation.
Our top 5 recommendations:
1. Set your stall out from the start – Be clear with applicants that your organisation will be checking right to work documents. Include this in your interview confirmations, as this will often act as a deterrent.
2. Invest time in training - Understand List A & List B – Make sure that you are clear on what documents are accepted and ensure all hiring managers are trained. Full information is provided: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/638349/Employer_s_guide_to_right_to_work_checks_-August_2017.pdf
3. Use online tools – gov.uk provide the below online checking service free of charge
4. Set reminders – Make sure you are clear as to when documentation expires and set reminders ahead of these dates to ensure you re-check documentation.
5. Trust your instincts - If you do not think something is right it may not be! The Home Office Sponsorship, Employer and Education helpline are on hand to support with any queries 0300 123 4699 firstname.lastname@example.org
Add your comment.
What Our Clients Say
Really looking forward to working in partnership with the team at Hesketh James.
Faye Kelly - General Manager (Ickworth Hotel)
Wishing you every success in your new venture and we look forward to working with you.
See you at the Manchester 10k!!
All the team at Hospitality Action.
No doubt HJ will be a major success and look forward to working with you.
Robin Ford – Operations Director
Paul Bayliss MBE - General Manager
James Mills - Baxter Storey
We would not hesitate to recommend their services.