My client is a successful growing multi-faceted luxury leisure & hospitality business with restaurants, bars & leisure under one roof. Due to their increased success and ambitious growth plans, with new sites already in the pipeline, I am seeking a Kitchen Manager to manage & coordinate the kitchen team within the company’s brand new opening restaurant in Sheffield.
The operations themselves are exciting and provide an array of luxury experiential leisure & entertainment alongside fantastic restaurant & bar operations under one roof and are a ‘one-stop shop’ for those looking for a day or night out. They attract customers from all walks of life and are popular with individuals, groups and families alike. The sites are unique in design with space used to its maximum effect and are light and airy with eye-catching cool décor.
My client is at the top of their game and are extremely passionate and knowledgeable of their market and audience. They are constantly innovative, looking for new ideas and ways to improve their offering and stay ahead of the market.
The company currently have 11 multi-faceted leisure /restaurant developments across the UK with further operations in the pipeline.
The restaurant itself is a cool restaurant operation with a street food vibe serving fresh pizzas with sumptuous side dishes & sharing plates of chicken wings, nachos and fries. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the kitchen team, ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to & dishes are executed consistently to specification and are presented to a high standard as well as managing stock, ordering and writing rotas.
***Although the restaurant does open into the evening, there will be no late nights & hours will be nicer than a usual restaurant***
What are we looking for?
· The successful candidate will be a Kitchen Manager or Second (Sous) Chef with experience of working in a busy branded or street food restaurant environment with the ability to follow a menu specification manual to put together well constructed pizzas and simple quality side dishes & sharing plates with an emphasis on the highest standards of presentation and efficient fast service.
· Must have a background of working for a quality branded restaurant operator or street food concept with a reputation for strong processes & excellent training & the ability to use this previous experience to improve existing processes – the company is innovative & entrepreneurial and is open to suggestions & ideas.
Pizza Chef experience is desirable
· The ability to have input into the layout & flow of the kitchen in this newly opening restaurant operation. Experience of new openings is desirable though not essential
· The ability to recruit, train, motivate & support your team, mentoring & developing people into bigger roles with a focus on internal progression.
· The ability to work under pressure with a strong understanding of how the food pass works
A real commitment to provide impeccable service, working hard to maintain & improve performance in order to provide an amazing customer experience, well-presented dishes & a great kitchen atmosphere.
· The ability to ensure that the team are working quickly and efficiently to the highest standards, adhering to all policies & procedures as well as running a busy efficient shift and looking after all back of house duties related to the kitchen - stock ordering, stock control, labour, rotas etc.
· The ability to work with managers, senior management and the front of house team to ensure that the restaurant maintains it high standards of service & food is prepared and presentation to a high, consistent standard.
· A strong communicator who is good at developing strong relationships, gaining buy-in and leading the team.
· The desire to ‘get on’ & develop your career with a successful, expanding unique company that is going from strength to strength. There are good progression opportunities available for the right candidate as the company continue with their expansion with future with a real emphasis on food & beverage. The chance to develop your career with good solid progression & the ability to gain more a bigger role within the group in the future
·Enthusiastic with a real passion for the role with the ability to enthuse about the restaurant & its dishes to the team and can create a strong working relationship with the FOH team
Salary & package:
The starting salary for this role is around £25,000 plus bonus, benefits & regular salary reviews . There is also the chance to grow a career within a bigger role & for a solid successful company.