Restaurant Manager - Multi-Award-Winning Restaurant
Location: Lake District, Cumbria
** Please note this is a LIVE OUT role and therefore you must drive and have a car for this role unless you are looking to relocate to the area and source your own accommodation. **
Our client, a stunning Lake District hotel, is looking for a highly experienced and hands-on Restaurant Manager to lead and manage their breath-taking multi-award-winning restaurant operation. Situated a stone throw away from Elterwater, this much talked about operation attracts foodies from afar and wide coming to experience their mouth-watering and show-stopping creations.
We are looking for a hands-on Restaurant Manager with solid proven restaurant management experience in a multi-rosette/accoladed environment who is full of personality, has a real passion for fresh food and strong knowledge of fresh food and wines. You will have very strong leadership and management skills, have a good business/financial acumen and as a strong motivator be able to get the most out of your team at all times. As part of the management team you will be responsible for day to day management of the entire operation alongside a very supportive General Manager, leading and managing a well-established team, you will also be the face of the business and therefore personality is key!
You will thoroughly enjoy being hands on and operational, leading your team from the front. You will have exceptional guest service, be a team player and enjoy leading a team to deliver exceptional guest service.
Required experience for this role:
* Solid Restaurant Manager experience (ideally 2+ years) in a busy multi-rosette/accoladed operation (ideally 3AA+ Rosettes or similar accolades).
* Strong leadership, management skills and experience of managing a well-established team
* Some financial knowledge and experience would be ideal (GPs, wage costs) but not essential
* As the face of the business you must have a warm and friendly personality, be fun, passionate, charismatic, enthusiastic, people-focused and adaptable to all personalities.
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with the team and others involved
The ideal candidate for this role will:
* Have strong management and leadership skills.
* Be motivated and highly organised and preferably have previous experience within a similar role.
* Be a strong communicator with the ability to work well within a large team.
* Have a passion for fresh food, hospitality and quality service.
* Be enthusiastic, have a desire to exceed guest expectations and want to impress and progress.
* Understand the financial and commercial aspects of the business.
* Have an understanding of the local market in which the business will operate within
* You must have full eligibility to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with the kitchen team, front of house team, senior management and others involved
Should you be successful, you will benefit from:
* A fantastic salary and great employer
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Really nice environment
This is a fantastic employer with an excellent reputation and offers great scope for future development.