SUCCESSFUL COOL & ENTREPRENEURIAL RESTAURANT, BAR & LEISURE GROUP
SALARY: £80,000 -£110,000 depending on experience
BENEFITS: Excellent Bonus, Private Health, Pension, Travel Expenses
My client is a successful growing multi-faceted luxury leisure & hospitality business with restaurants, bars & leisure under one roof. Due to their increased success and ambitious growth plans, with new sites already in the pipeline, I am seeking a dynamic forward-thinking Operations Director for the group.
The operations themselves are exciting and provide an array of luxury experiential leisure & entertainment alongside fantastic restaurant & bar operations under one roof and are a ‘one-stop shop’ for those looking for a day or night out. They attract customers from all walks of life and are popular with individuals, groups and families alike. The sites are unique in design with space used to its maximum effect and are light and airy with eye-catching cool décor.
There is a real emphasis on developing the company’s restaurant & bar offering with multiple quality fresh food restaurants & coffee operations under one roof in a multi-faceted dining, drinking & leisure venues
My client is at the top of their game and are extremely passionate and knowledgeable of their market and audience. They are constantly innovative, looking for new ideas and ways to improve their offering and stay ahead of the market.
The Operations Director role is a remote position covering sites across the UK with further operations in the pipeline and we are looking for a charismatic, down to earth yet dynamic individual who can take the existing sites to the next level whilst having a major input into the layout, growth & development of both existing and new operations.
This is an amazingly exciting role and the successful candidate will be integral in shaping the growth of the group, working closely with the CEO and Senior Directors/Managers whilst managing and developing a committed & successful operational team.
We are looking for an Operations Director from a cool forward-thinking multi-site business who is still involved in doing strategic work & is looking to join an exciting highly successful fresh & innovative growing company.
We would also consider a Regional Operations Manager ready to step up into a bigger role of heading up Operations.
The role is incredibly hands-on & we are looking for someone who can provide a real laser focus on key areas such as scheduling, payroll, cash & controllable costs with a focus on newly opened sites, asking the right questions and ensuring processes such as service-flow are correct, whilst overseeing existing operations, driving financial performance & building teams to ensure each venue is providing the best hospitality experience for its customers.
The Operations Director is responsible for providing strong operational leadership across every aspect of the venues, setting expectations for compliance, standards & process to ensure that customers are getting the best leisure & hospitality experience.
The successful candidate will have managed a multi-faceted restaurant, bar or experiential leisure business with a strong F & B offering.
The successful candidate will have managed multiple operations with a strong wet offering and a strong food offering and will be used to managing different teams and functionalities. The successful candidate will have worked within a branded hospitality/leisure environment & will be used to working with processes, checks & detail.
The company actively promote a very entrepreneurial culture and the successful candidate will be very forward-thinking with lots of different ideas to bring to the table and will have experience of working with the latest technology.
The role is extremely important to the business and will bridge the gap between the CEO and Operations Team.
The role is remote position covering sites across the UK.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within hospitality or leisure in a senior capacity.
- Experience of working as an Operations Director within restaurants & bars (or leisure with a quality F & B offering) who is still very hands-on in their business and who is still doing strategic work and who can use their previous experience to develop sites, teams and processes. We would also consider a very Senior Operations Manager or Regional Operations Manager ready to move into a bigger role with a growing company.
***A background predominantly in hotels or wet-led pubs will NOT be suitable for this role***
- Experience of working with high volume well-respected quality branded operators with a strong fresh food offering and the ability to drive the F & B side of the business further with a focus on introducing new concepts, looking at current site layouts and working closely with Senior Directors to develop and open successful operations committed to providing the best guest experience.
- Warm, approachable & friendly with the desire to work for a business that has great procedures and practices, but who will never be stiff and corporate
- Experience of running high volume FRESH food businesses with busy kitchens producing a variety of quality food concepts using fresh produce and the best possible ingredients
- Experience of running venues with a strong wet offering – cocktails, craft beers, premium spirits and quality wines, coffees & shakes
- Some experience of experiential leisure would be an advantage though not essential.
- Experience of running sites that have a strong corporate & events business, catering for large parties & who can look at ways to increase corporate trade
- Experience of running large multi-faceted venues with busy kitchens, successful restaurants & bars, busy kitchens… (& ideally some experience of leisure)
- Proven track record of creating well laid-out, free-flowing kitchens with an emphasis on great service and of developing new menu ideas and concepts
- The ability to live by the company’s core values and to maintain and develop strong dedicated & committed managers & teams who feel part of the company ’family’ and who are well-looked after and who are passionate and care about providing the best guest service & experience and are keen to be part of the company journey
- Strong attention to detail with a disciplined, analytical approach to operational & financial performance – driving financial performance, budgeting/forecasting, payroll, stock, cash management & controllable costs
- Commercially strong
- The desire to work in an entrepreneurial innovative business
- Experienced, confident & keen to harness the latest technology to improve systems & procedures
- Passionate & committed to ensure that guests are continually delighted
- The ability to lead new site openings, refurbishments & improvements to the current offering
- The ability to assist in the development of new ideas and offerings to complement the current business
- The ability to work closely with Senior Manager & Directors within the business
- Happy to work remotely across the UK with occasional meetings at the London Head Office.
Starting salary of up to around £110,000 for an exceptional candidate plus bonus & various company benefits, private health, pension, all travel costs etc
If you feel that you have the right experience and are looking to join a growing, forward-thinking company with amazing multi-faceted operations with a fantastic restaurant, bar & leisure offering then please send your CV.