ASSISTANT MANAGER REQUIRED – QUALITY FRESH FOOD GASTRO PUB GROUP
LOCATION: STAFFORDSHIRE - Stone/Newcastle Under Lyme area
QUALITY HIGH VOLUME STUNNING GASTRO PUB WITH AMAZING REPUTATION
FRESH LOCALLY SOURCED DISHES & AWARD-WINNING DRINKS
SALARY: Package of over £30,000 - Around £26,000 plus a substantial quarterly bonus & tips which will take package well above 30k plus the chance to progress with the company as they grow and develop their business further
My client is a successful operator with a portfolio of popular restaurant & bar concepts serving quality food, wines & spirits within the Cheshire areas and beyond. Still relatively young yet highly successful, they pride themselves at being ahead of their competitors in ideas and quality and anyone joining the company will benefits from everything a large company can offer with the benefit of having autonomy coupled with the support of a smaller, family-run business.
They are looking for an experienced strong Deputy or Assistant Manager to assist in the running of their high- volume fresh food concept with a focus on amazing service, a great atmosphere, well-cooked fresh food and a fantastic customer experience. They have a reputation for running great operations with a vibrant atmosphere that keeps customers coming back time & time again.
Set in a stunning location, this upmarket operation in question has a warm buzzing atmosphere & a busy function operation attached which is popular with a variety of events & weddings. It appeals to all types of customers and ages and is very popular with families, professionals & regular locals from all walks of life just popping in to chat about cricket & rugby over a drink & a light bite or a full-blown meal.
Food is prepared freshly using local meat, fish, cheese & vegetable suppliers & has an array of delicious lunches, sumptuous steaks & game, satisfying home-cooked favourites, imaginative veggie dishes and moreish desserts. The restaurant also has a popular bar serving quality craft beers, a high selection of award-winning wines & spirits.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a strong Deputy Manager or Assistant Manager within a similar, high quality fresh food operation. We are looking for a real mine-host who is vivacious & outgoing, someone who loves the industry & who has also got a proven track record of doing a similar role and is happy to be hands-on whilst being at the heart of the community, building strong relationships with the pub's clientele whilst always ensuring that the pub maintains its outstanding reputation, adding value and ensuring regular repeat business & amazing, warm & friendly service.
The pub itself is extremely busy and has managed to maintain its excellent reputation throughout lockdown.
What are we looking for ?
- Proven track record of working as a Deputy Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Experience of running a large, high volume quality gastro/food pub or restaurant operation with an emphasis on fresh local sourced produce, quality wines, ales & spirits.
- Great personality who enjoys providing the highest standards of service
- We are looking for a vivacious & outgoing individual who is a real ‘mine host’ and who absolutely loves the industry & being immersed in food, drink & the local community.
- Strong front of house skills. We are looking for someone who is brilliant with discerning & demanding customers from all walks of life – whether it be the local landed gentry, local farm hand, ‘people who lunch’ or families visiting for a special occasion or Sunday lunch.
- An ability to develop & maintain strong relationships with the local community & regular customers and new guests like.
- Organised with strong attention to detail & capable of opening, closing & running a great shift.
- A passion for fresh locally sourced produced and an interest in good wines, spirits & ales.
- Experience of running a busy high-volume operation with the ability to manage & motivate a team whilst working under pressure.
- Experience & commitment to provide the highest standards of customer service - touching tables & ensuring guests return time and time again.
- The desire to grow your career & progress within a modern refreshing company who look after their employees & will give you autonomy & the opportunity to grow your career in the future.
- Smart & well-presented with great communication skills & a professional attitude at all times.
- The desire to be based in a beautiful location with opportunities close to Stone & Newcastle Under Lyme.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person and there is great potential to further a career with a quality operator.
Salary Package: The starting salary for this role is around £26,000 plus a great quarterly bonus & tips that take the package to well over £30,000 plus the opportunity to develop your career further with an exciting growing gastro operator.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. If you feel you have the right experience and want to be involved then please send your CV.
For other opportunities please see our website www.heskethjames.co.uk