General Manager – Eclectic Barbeque Restaurant & Cocktail Bar
Location: Central London
Salary: £45,000 + Bonus Scheme + Fantastic Benefits (including Paid Overtime, Huge Progression Opportunities, Awesome Company Culture and so much more!)
** In order to be considered for this role you must have solid experience at General Manager level running a fast paced, high volume, restaurant and cocktail bar concept **
Our client, a cool, barbeque restaurant and cocktail bar, is looking for a highly-experienced, hands-on and passionate General Manager to lead and manage their hugely popular operation situated in the Central London area. This operation attracts the capital’s quirky clientele from sophisticated drinkers to diehard foodies!
We are looking for a hands-on General Manager with solid proven high-volume experience ideally from a medium-sized restaurant and bar group with a particular focus on barbeque, burgers and cocktails. The ideal manager will be full of personality, have a real passion for barbeque and a strong knowledge of American-style food and cocktails - a real all-rounder! You will have very strong leadership skills, be used to managing a large bar team, have a good business/financial acumen and as a strong motivator be able to get the most out of your team at all times. As General Manager you will be responsible for day to day management of the entire operation, leading and managing a well-established team, you will also be the face of the business and therefore personality is key!
Required experience for this role:
* Solid General Manager experience managing an high volume, large capacity late bar and kitchen operation.
* Strong leadership, management skills and experience of managing a well-established team
* Strong financial knowledge and experience required (including Profit & loss - GPs, wage costs)
* As the face of the business you must have a warm and friendly personality, be fun, passionate, charismatic, enthusiastic, people-focused and adaptable to all personalities.
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with the team and others involved
The ideal candidate for this role will:
* Have strong management and leadership skills.
* Be motivated and highly organised and preferably have previous experience within a similar role.
* Be a strong communicator with the ability to work well within a large team.
* Have a passion for hospitality, quality service and an excellent knowledge of spirits, ales/beers, wines and cocktails.
* Be enthusiastic, have a desire to exceed guest expectations and want to impress and progress.
* Understand the financial and commercial aspects of the business.
* Have an understanding of the local market in which the business will operate within
* You must have full eligibility to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with the kitchen team, front of house team, senior management and others involved
Should you be successful, you will benefit from:
* A fantastic salary of £45,000 + achievable bonus scheme and amazing benefits
* Benefits include: paid overtime, flexibility, tailored progression path, fun events, socials, generous discounts, birthdays off and tonnes more!
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Really nice environment
This is a fantastic employer with an excellent reputation and offers great scope for future development.