My client is a successful operator with a portfolio of popular restaurant & bar concepts serving quality food, wines & spirits within the Cheshire area and beyond. Still relatively young yet highly successful, they pride themselves at being ahead of their competitors in ideas and quality and anyone joining the company will benefits from everything a large company can offer with the benefit of having autonomy coupled with the support of a smaller, family-run business.
They are looking for an experienced strong Head Chef to run the busy kitchen in their high- volume fresh food concept with a focus on amazing service, a great atmosphere, well-cooked fresh food and a fantastic customer experience. They have a reputation for running great operations with a vibrant atmosphere that keeps customers coming back time & time again.
Set in a stunning location, this upmarket operation in question has a warm buzzing atmosphere. It is extremely popular with regular local trade both at lunchtimes & in the evening and is a well-known destination for ‘people who lunch’. It appeals to all types of customers and ages and is very popular with families, professionals & regular locals from all walks of life just popping in to chat about cricket & rugby over a drink & a light bite or a full-blown meal.
Food is prepared freshly using local meat, fish, cheese & vegetable suppliers & has an array of delicious lunches, sumptuous steaks & game, satisfying home-cooked favourites, imaginative veggie dishes and moreish desserts. The restaurant also has a popular bar serving quality craft beers, a high selection of award-winning wines & spirits. There is also a stunning popular private dining room which caters for an array of functions and wine & spirit tastings with bespoke menus created for each event.
In your role as Head Chef, you will be responsible for supporting managing a busy kitchen, ensuring that each mouth-watering dish is prepared & presented to the highest standards and are served in a timely manner as well as creating bespoke menus for a popular private dining room. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress & forge a successful career with a great company. The company have won awards for what they do and all their pubs are very individual and successful in their own right and this is a great chance to run the kitchen in a brilliant pub and take it to the next level.
What are we looking for?
* Previous experience as Head Chef within a high quality gastro pub, food pub or restaurant operation – a background within quality independent gastro pubs/restaurants or a mixture of independent & quality branded gastro pubs or restaurants
* Must have experience of working with fresh produce passionate about working with fresh seafood, locally sourced game and fresh vegetables
* The ability to work in a busy environment and under pressure
* The desire to run the kitchen in a brilliant food pub/restaurant that does amazing food, happy cooking high quality dishes, but also happy cooking popular traditional fresh menu staples such as fish & chips
* The desire to work for an award-winning company, in an award-winning busy gastro pub, taking it up a notch to the next level.
* The ability to create excellent high quality £60 a head menus for the private dining room
* A passionate Head Chef who is passionate about food & what they do & has a calm nature & a real love of running kitchens and preparing & creating great food
* The ability to manage, lead, motivate & train a team
* Committed to providing the highest standards of food & service
* Strong back of house skills - delivering GPs, controlling stock etc
* Hands-on & self-motivated - happy to get stuck in where necessary
* The desire to assist in creating specials whilst serving a key menu of quality fresh dishes
* The desire to be more creative whilst still working in & running a busy kitchen
* The desire to work for a well-respected company who look after their people and have won awards for their menus.
The starting salary is up to £40,000 depending on experience plus excellent bonus, tips, & benefits & the chance to make your name in a great company who really value their people.
If you have the relevant experience and are looking to work within the kitchen of a stunning operation in a beautiful location, working for a great company then please send your CV